1) Loneliness is contagious.
2) Feeling lonely is a signal that you’re hungry for more connection.
3) You can experience loneliness even when you have a large social circle.
4) It’s not uncommon to feel more alone as you get older.
5) Sometimes it takes a specific type of friend to ease loneliness.
6) A growing number of Americans are alone.
7) Making friend time a priority guards against isolation.
8) Feeling alone not only harms your mental health, but also physical health.
9) In fact, loneliness could kill you—literally.
10) Having a lot of Facebook friends doesn’t mean you’re not lonely.
11) But the Internet can be a connection hotspot.
12) Technology can also help make existing friendships stronger.
Story originally published at MSN.com